Falgi

Introduction & Location

A beautiful wooden house on the outskirts of the Old Town makes it possible to create a spectacular home

There are 10 apartments and 3 commercial spaces ranging from 49,74 to 101,10 m² in the fully renovated house. In addition to its superior location, the best part of the high-ceiling apartments in such a building is the originality of each detail, which means that neighbouring apartments do not copy each other. Many apartments have living room windows that face three directions, incl. the courtyard. Some apartments have authentic verandas.

The renovated apartment building is located on the outskirts of Toompea, Kelmiküla and Kassisaba—a region with great infrastructure and many parks. There are a school, kindergarten, public transport stops, shops and everything you need for your everyday life nearby. There are 3 parks in the immediate proximity of the building: Schnelli park, Hirvepark and Falgi park—with many possibilities for recreational sport and spending quality time with your kids at a playground.

Falgi tee is located in the Old Town, which is bordered by Hirvepark to the south, while Toompea Castle is located on its east side, where the blue-black-white tricolour is hoisted every dawn. Alderman Falck built the new road from Toompea to the beginning of Paldiski maantee within just one month and Falgi tee was opened for traffic in the autumn of 1856.
The so-called Toompea settlement, which also included Falgi tee, was historically the winter residence of the Estonian knighthood and the houses of noble families were located in Toompea.

The history of Toompea

According to the legend, Linda—the grieving wife of Kalev, Estonian mythical hero king—carried the stones that make up the Toompea hill and piled them on top of one another one by one. Toompea has been a very important place for the locals throughout history because it has always been the residence of Estonian rulers and a seat of power. Toompea has been ruled by the Danes, Brothers of the Sword, Teutonic Order, Livonian Order, Swedes, Russians and Estonians. Different rulers have built and secured Toompea according to their individual needs and tastes.

The first historically proven buildings date back to the 9th century when Estonians started using the steep hill of Toompea and built the Lindanisa ancient fortress, one of the best protected fortresses in Estonia. In 1219, the stronghold was taken over by Valdemar II of Denmark.

From 1346–1561, Toompea was ruled by the Komtur of the Order (land and knight rights applied back then) and was separated from the lower town.
In mid-15th century, Toompea was separated from the lower town with a wall. Toompea was ravaged by many fires (1433, 1533, 1581) and after a huge fire in 1684, the former building stock of Toompea was destroyed and got torn down in most part afterwards.
The buildings were renewed slowly during the 17th and 18th century, when the houses that decorate Toompea until this day were built on the edge of the bank.

The green areas that beautify Toompea are Kuberneri, Komandandi, Piiskopi and Taani kuninga aed (gardens).

There are many restaurants and cafés that welcome visitors in Toompea.